Favorite Courses in Inbox

0 Likes
(3)

We can Favorite courses, and re-arrange them on the Dashboard.   But when using the Inbox, for example, the list of courses appears to be in some sort of fixed, but randomly-generated order.  I currently have to scroll down the list to find my current-semester canvas course, for example,  

Can you

• At least make the order of courses for the Inbox Favorites match that of the Dashboard?
  • Add an option to put a small number of "default" courses at the top-level "choose course"
  • Both?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@truskell  This is existing functionality. When I click on the All Courses dropdown in the Inbox, I can see an additional option called "Favorite Courses" where the courses I've "favorited" on my Dashboard display in alphabetical order. You'll see that depicted in the Filter by Course section of How do I filter conversations as an instructor? 

Is this option not displaying in your dropdown?

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@truskell 

The message system in Canvas is one of my biggest disappointments for many reasons.  I really cannot stand the way it works and what you have posted is definitely one of the reasons I do not like it.  

GeoffreyWheeler
Community Participant

I would very much like my favorite courses to be on the top level "choose course" drop down menu.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@GeoffreyWheeler Are you requesting a change in the order of the dropdown so that Favorite Courses is in the first position instead of the second?

inbox dropdown.png

If so, would you please share this as its own idea? How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? explains the process. 

The idea under which you've commented has been in Moderating status as we awaited a response from the author. Since we haven't heard back, we're going to archive this idea and lock comments.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived