Feedback in Elementary Theming

0 Likes

Hello! Hello!

In the old universal Canvas theming, feedback shows up (on laptops) on the right side of the homepage directly under their to-do list.  However, in the Elementary theming, this feature is not visible without clicking on grades/assignments and then the feedback icon next to it.  In addition to this, on an iPad, it is even more difficult to track down making "feedback" basically useless unless you reassign an assignment to a student.

In order for our feedback to be beneficial, the students need to easily and automatically see this on their dashboard.  Is there a way that this feature could appear on the right side directly under the "important info" on all devices (computers, ipads, etc.)? 

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this idea about Canvas for Elementary, @dthacker1 . The product manager for C4E is aware of this design issue and is working with the developers on an enhancement. Please read through the conversation at Student Feedback in C4E for details.

dthacker1
Community Member
Author

I am wondering if there is any upcoming enhancements for student feedback viewing- especially in the Canvas Elementary mode.  One area I really want to focus on next year is having my students view feedback regularly and then improve their quality of work based on that feedback.  That is only possible if it is easy to see.  

In the old system (not Elementary), it appeared right under their to-do list.  In the Elementary setting, the students don't ever see this unless they go to grades and click on the feedback icon.