Global Announcements -

0 Likes
(1)

Would it be possible in the Global Announcements tool to create an additional filter to "not include cross-listed students"?

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@ns5 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you a Canvas admin using global announcements across your school, as detailed in How do I create a global announcement in an account? , and if so, could you elaborate on the problem statement for excluding cross-listed students?

ns5
Community Member

Hi Stefanie-

Yes, I am a Canvas admin using global announcements in the way you described. The problem comes from staff/students who are engaged in distance learning. Our district has identified staff who serve all buildings in a distance learning role. Thus, these staff and the students they service are cross-listed. This results in staff and students who are not assigned to my school receiving my daily announcements. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ns5 

Thanks for providing these details—they're very helpful! We've moved this conversation forward.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

bartelbrian
Community Explorer
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.