cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Announcements -

Global Announcements -

0 Kudos

Would it be possible in the Global Announcements tool to create an additional filter to "not include cross-listed students"?

5 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@ns5 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you a Canvas admin using global announcements across your school, as detailed in How do I create a global announcement in an account? , and if so, could you elaborate on the problem statement for excluding cross-listed students?

ns5
Surveyor

Hi Stefanie-

Yes, I am a Canvas admin using global announcements in the way you described. The problem comes from staff/students who are engaged in distance learning. Our district has identified staff who serve all buildings in a distance learning role. Thus, these staff and the students they service are cross-listed. This results in staff and students who are not assigned to my school receiving my daily announcements. 

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ns5 

Thanks for providing these details—they're very helpful! We've moved this conversation forward.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

bartelbrian
Surveyor

We see this problem too, and would also like to see an option to not have Global announcements pushed out to cross-listed students.

We have each of our schools in their own sub-account. However, there are a few traveling teachers (who teach the same course at different buildings) that would benefit from cross-listed classes.

These announcements from other schools are not only confusing for students, they are also confusing for parents as well, as they see announcements for other schools when students are cross-listed.

Ideally, the admin creating the Global announcement would have the option to NOT send to students cross-listed in their buildings.