Hyperlink in Appointment Group in Calendar

0 Likes
(3)

Please make it possible to hyperlink information when making an Assignment Group in Canvas Calendar.  That function is currently not available and would be of huge help for teachers, especially since they are working virtually and need a way to easily connect with students on Google Meetings.   

Thank you! 

11 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@raudabaughwill 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you describe the process you are using to create an assignment group in the Calendar? 

raudabaughwill
Community Explorer

Yes.  Go to Calendar/ click on date/ select appointment group.  

There is a details area at the bottom, but there are not options to make words hyperlinks in that text area.   

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@raudabaughwill 

Thanks for that clarification. Your idea title and description both reference "assignment groups"; would you please edit them so they reflect the Scheduler and "appointment groups"?

raudabaughwill
Community Explorer

Yes, I'm sorry, Appointment Group.   

How can I edit my original post? 

raudabaughwill
Community Explorer

Nevermind, I figured out how to edit original post! 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@raudabaughwill 

Thanks! We've opened it for broader discussion.

HarperJmsd
Community Member

This would definitely be nice. Most of my kids know how to copy and paste the hyperlinks, but many of the kids I'm trying to meet one on one with struggle with technology. 

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion

We have found if you paste the URL for the zoom or other web address in the Details area, on a line by itself, it does become a hyperlink. You can write some text in a paragraph above the link too.  Not as nice as using a word and making it a link, but at least it is clickable.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.