Image Correction/Manipulation & Feedback in Discussions

0 Likes

Hello Canvas: 

I would love to see Canvas engineer a way for Art Instructors to assess images of the assignment work that their students submit. First of all -- for example: in Discussions, to be able to ROTATE images (as students very often submit their images wrongsideup or upside down sideways etc... This makes assessement very dificult for Art Instructors. If we had a way to ROTATE their images as we do in "Assignments" what would help very much. 

In addition, ... if we could also COMMENT DIRECTLY UP ON THEIR IMAGES they submit, that, as well would be a great help. For example, while studying a student's piece, if we could place a "text marker" or facsimile by which to add comments or visual "corrections" and/or tips - that would really help a lot. 

Just as Canvas has accommodated English Instructors with adding all sorts of features (not unlike Microsoft Word Doc, "fonts, font colors, font sizes, formatting, margins etc.... ) and Math Instructors have been accommodated with "Tables, Equations" etc... It would be ideal if the Art Instructors could be accommodated in the same way, as the assessment needs of Art Instructors tends to be very different from the other subjects. - Perhaps incorporate some of the features on an image manipuation program. 

So to summarize and recap - I would love to see a way for Canvas to accommodate the assessment needs of the Art Instructors the same as the other instructors. I feel this would be a win-win feature for both instructors, students & Canvas overall. 

Thanks for taking my suggestion seriously,

Cheers, 

Morgan Davis

2 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.