Improve Save UX in the Course Navigation Settings so users don't forget to save

0 Likes
(6)

For me and at least one colleague, it has happened that after we update the course navigation settings of our course, we forgot to save it. I believe an important cause for this is that the Save button is not visible unless you scroll down to the bottom of the page if there are many possible navigation options.

I believe the chance that a user will forget to save will be a lot lower if this button is moved to the top of the page, so it is always visible for the user when they enter these settings. Giving some warning to the user that they should save in case they make adjustments could be an alternative.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Thanks for sharing this idea, @PaulBouman ! As it moves forward for broader discussion, those who are interested in seeing different ways of managing course navigation links might also want to add their support to  Make the Visibility icon clickable in Course Navig... 

jon_mason
Community Participant

Note that this idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Move-the-Navigation-Save-button-to-the-space-b... is asking for the same thing.

It is certainly very annoying that the Save button is not obvious when making changes to the Navigation, and in other places in the Canvas interface (e.g. Modules) changes are saved automatically after dragging and dropping.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.