Margin Alignment, Tabs & Line Spacing

0 Likes

Dear Canvas, 

I would like request that Canvas please create a way for us (instructors) to control the margins and tabs so that lines that run over the alotted formatting restrictions can be moderated to appear uniform after "saving" as the established course narrative page. 

Upon placing narratives into the Canvas working fields, there are many times when typing sentences, the spacing becomes very distorted in the final appearance. In addition, in typing sentences into the working field, line spacing is only maintained if i only use the "space bar" rather than using the "enter key". Using the "enter key" while typing sentences into the working field, will totally distort the formatting of the line spacing - causing a very unprofessional appearance to the page narrative. 

In using the "space bar", to maintain the line spacing, this causes the wording in the sentences to be totally misaligned and distorted - again - causing a very unprofessional final page product in the final appearance. 

This is very frustrating and EXTREMELY time consuming in trying to create and maintain uniform margins, tabs and line(sentence) spacing. 

Thanks for taking the time to review this request. It is my hope that someone will actually create a way of resolving this by providing a feature in the working field that facilitates this process - not unlike that of the Microsoft Word features for margin alignment, tabs and line/sentence spacing.  -- But most of all -- to have these changes and adjustments actually hold and be in effect after pressing the "save" button. 

Thanks again, - Morgan Davis 

Tags (2)
2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@Morgan58 

I haven't run into these issues when creating content in Canvas pages, but this could well be a new and interesting use case, so it would be helpful for members to be able to visualize it. Would you provide a short screencast that demonstrates how you are using the space bar in place of the enter key, along with an example of indentation? The Rich Content Editor (RCE) has a button on the toolbar that allows paragraph indentation, but it's not clear that that's the functionality you're seeking.

Also, it would be helpful to know more about the meaning of "established course narrative page."

Thanks.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived