Move "submit" button in quizzes (to avoid confusing with "Next" button)

0 Likes
(2)

If students have answered all of the questions, but are going back to review questions, it is easy to accidentally submit a quiz with no warning.  It would be great to either move the button to a different area of the screen (currently, it is right below the "Next" button) or add a warning about submitting, even if all the questions have already been answered (this is particularly important if there is only single attempt for the quiz.  

Similiar concerns have been raised in a different conversation, but it appears to have been marked "completed" just based on the initial comment, not subsequent ideas.  

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Warning-when-submitting-quiz-not-based-on-timi...

Tags (1)
3 Comments
pdwhitne
Community Member

I guess my post was already submitted by this user. I agree with this user! Fallo 2020 and my quizzes are being submitted without a warning. Submit button is the same color and location as the Next button. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@jobeey 

Thanks for sharing this idea. In New Quizzes, the Submit button displays at the top of the page. We currently have an idea open requesting that the Return button be moved to a different location, and you can contribute to that conversation at New Quizzes "Return" button on left - Canvas Community 

New Quizzes currently do not display a Next button, and we have a separate conversation underway about that at New Quizzes: Next button for Module Progression - Canvas Community 

Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated early next year, so we've archived this idea. The resources in the New Quizzes User Group should give you the resources you need to start trying out the new quiz tool in live courses. If you aren't able to enable it in the settings area of your course(s), please reach out to your local Canvas admin to inquire about its availability at your school.

Thanks again!

jobeey
Community Member
Author

Unfortunately New quizzes is not enabled at my institution.