[New Quizzes] Release Incorrect Responses Only

0 Likes
(4)

Please consider adding an option to only release incorrect responses when allowing students to view quizzes. As an instructor, I write most of my quiz and exam questions because most of the publisher questions and answers can be found online. This takes an enormous amount of time. I suspect that I am going to be teaching more online classes in the future, and it is impractical for me to be starting from scratch each semester for all of the classes I teach.

Releasing all of the questions and answers makes it very easy for students to pass questions along to friends who might be taking the class the following semester. Even with a test bank that has multiple versions of each question, the questions are often similar enough to provide an unfair advantage to students who have access to the answers from the previous semester.

I've been witnessing an increasing number of cases where students are attempting to cheat, and I'd like to have as strong of controls in my classes as possible. An incorrect responses view was available when I previously used D2L and I would love to see it available in Canvas too.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

MelissaSimila
Community Member
Problem statement:

I am the ITC at my school and I have a teacher that would like to have their students only be able to review the questions on a quiz that they got wrong. Her mindset is that it will reduce the number of questions that are available for review that can then be copied and put on websites like quizlet, resulting in cheating and the need to constantly rewrite multiple choice questions.

Proposed solution:

A review option for teachers to select that limits students view of a completed quiz to just the questions that they have answered incorrectly.

User role(s):

instructor,student

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.