New Quizzes: Require Respondus Monitor for Students to Review an Exam

0 Likes

Canvas support confirmed this: faculty can require students to use the Respondus Lockdown Browser to review their answers from a completed exam, but can NOT also require the Respondus Monitor when they review their answers. Several of our faculty have asked about this: they want to discourage students from even taking cellphone pics, etc., of the exam, which they are reviewing their answers.

6 Comments
bhuddle
Community Member
Author

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ielsbernd
Community Member

I absolutely second this request. We need respondus monitor capability for exam reviews. The student could take pictures of the exam with their cell phone otherwise. 

ielsbernd
Community Member

With review of correct answers in Canvas, you can only use Respondus lockdown browser but you cannot use respondus monitor. Therefore, I have been having students come in at a certain time to review their exam with respondus lockdown browser and I am serving as the "monitor." There is no way however to control students from viewing the correct answers at home and screenshotting. Similar to starting an exam you need a passcode, there should be passcode capability for exam reviews. 

ielsbernd
Community Member

I should say there is no way to control them screenshotting the exam with their cell phone from home. We also have no way to see which students went into canvas to review their exam. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.