Notifications for Group Discussions

0 Likes
(2)

How come notifications aren't being sent for posts made within a discussion group? That seems like a serious flaw, as it renders active discussions within a discussion group impossible (unless everyone's checking in/refreshing repeatedly on their own initiative). Please fix this important issue! 

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

salinaskim
Community Member

I agree with Hugh, there needs to be an option to subscribe to discussions within groups. I am new to Canvas and love the group area, but I need the option to be notified of discussion and other activity that occurs there. How can I help? 

Maria_WU
Community Member

I agree, there should be a way to subscribe and unsubscribe discussions and announcements within the group area! I my case, and I have no idea, what within the notifications is set wrong for me, I do get every single announcement and discussion notification of every single group within my course...in the role of the lecturer. I don't want to get these notifications, but I want to get the notifications for announcements and discussions within the course. - I can only choose all or nothing but not announcement vs. group announcement. I am not member of any student group, I get notifications for, but the groups are in the courses, that I am teaching. - so for all the readers above: yes there is a way - but as long as I don't know, how to turn it off, I can't tell you, how to enable/disable it. If anybody could help me to find out, what notification-option I did wrong, thx in advance!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.