Option to Archive Pages PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
(3)

At my school, we make daily modules. Each module has SEVERAL pages. We have to date every single page. When we go to link our module to the first page, we have to scroll through pages and pages until we get to the date we need. If we could archive the pages from past dates, then it would be very easy to quickly find the page for the date we need. This would save soooo much time. 

Another option would be to have a search bar at the top when people are linking pages. It would be incredibly helpful if I just started typing the date (since our pages are named by date first), and then all the pages with that date pop up. This would also make a huge difference. 

I am the teacher on my grade level in charge of our CANVAS course, and other tech team members share my same concern. We have limited time since we are meeting the needs of in-person as well as at-home learners. 

Thanks for your consideration to streamline this process for teachers!

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

cholling
Community Champion

I think this is a great idea, @Mrserinfountain. Pages are an awesome tool, but they could benefit from from some Instructure TLC -- search, archive, folders, sorting -- all would be very worthwhile enhancements.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.