Perhaps a more intuitive "Force Grade Entering" feature in SpeedGrader?

0 Likes

Hello, all!

my school (COCC) just switched to Canvas from a *far inferior LMS, and I gotta say I'm stoked.  Very slick, very intuitive, and THE SPELLCHECK WORKS. 

Anyway - I've noticed that, when I'm entering grades in SpeedGrader, it's possible to leave a student's work *without entering a grade (I did it a few times last week: I would add some pinned comments, then inadvertently click the little "right arrow" at top to move to the next student).

Would it be possible to create a "force grade entry" type thing where you couldn't move off of a student's submission without entering a grade?     

Happy to discuss more if this doesn't make sense!  Thank you!

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @SeanRule -

Welcome to the Instructure Community! I'm glad to hear that your initial interaction with Canvas is positive! That's always great!! I hope the semester goes smoothly. 

With the idea conversations, it's best for there to be one idea per submission. That helps focus the conversations. You can decide whether we archive this one (and you create two new ones) or if you adjust this one to only include one idea and then make another to catch the second idea. Let the Community know if you have any questions!

SeanRule
Community Member
Author

Gotcha - I'll just remove my second suggestion, then.  Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @SeanRule - I edited your idea to reflect your request! Only one idea is now included in this thread.

SeanRule
Community Member
Author

You sure did!  Thanks!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.