Quizzes/Tests: eliminate choices from the drop down box within same question.

0 Likes

For Quizzes and Test, teachers/professors will have questions where you will have to select from multiple choices for several questions. I have nothing wrong with the questions in its format. But, I'll have like professors with 8 choices for example. With some answers sounding very similar and its up to the student to distinguish which ones are correct for each question/answer, it gets infuriating when you see the same 8 choices for every fill-in. I would propose a change where if you select an answer from the dropdown box, it eliminates the choice from the next fill-in. That way students do not have to double check if they already answered that fill-in with the same answer. If you realize you answered incorrectly and need to change it, always have an {empty} option, if the fill-in answer is selected as empty, you have all the unselected available choices in the drop down box. Hope this makes sense!

Tags (3)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@RyanNussear 

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. In our new quiz tool, instructors can create a separate set of choices for each dropdown in a multiple answer question, so you might want to provide this feedback directly to the instructors or instructional designers responsible for creating the quiz content.

As far as enhancement requests for functionality from the student side, we have active conversations underway where your feedback would fit well. Would you please add your support and comments to one or more?

New Quizzes: Right-Click to "eliminate" answer cho...  (that's specific to multiple choice, but conceptually your idea could be part of that)

New Quizzes: Option to eliminate choices during a ... -

We'll archive this one to keep the existing conversation threads from splitting off.