Remote exam submission pop-up "Are you sure you want to submit your exam?"

0 Likes
I am a student that uses Canvas with Respondus LockDown browser for remote exam taking. I and several students in my class have accidentally submitted exams before we have properly finished. For example, clicking "Submit exam" instead of "Next question." Note: the “submit exam” button and “Next question” buttons are the same spot and it has caused accidental submissions; If you happen to be not paying attention, it's very easy to submit your exam before you can go back and review your flagged questions.

I suggest Canvas makes a pop up window that asks “Are you sure you want to submit your exam?” before submitting and closing the exam window. 
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@rjcbs6 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Based on your description of the process, and particularly in light of the comment about the location of the Submit and Next buttons, it sounds like your school is still using Classic (Old) Quizzes. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Classic Quizzes, so we've archived this idea.

Please read through the instructions for submitting a quiz for users of the New Quizzes tool, and notice that the Submit button displays at the top of the screen, while the Next button is at the bottom and it is designed to be visually distinct from the Submit button: How do I take an assessment where I can only view ... - Canvas Community 

When your school implements the new quiz tool across all courses, we hope you'll encounter a better user experience when taking an assessment.

Thanks again!