Smoother interface for grading papers

0 Likes

I'm a freshman composition teacher and this is the first time I've been grading essays submitted by students on Canvas.  I'm finding the interface to be extremely clunky and difficult to use, which is making my grading process even more laborious and time-consuming than usual.  It's hard, for instance, to click out of the highlighting icon into the strikeout icon; I feel I'm clicking repeatedly before being able to move on to the next piece of information I want to offer the student.  

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@akk 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. The Idea Conversations forum is designed to accommodate singularly-focused requests for an enhancement to a specific feature (How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?).

If you're finding that you need to click repeatedly on an icon in DocViewer in order to proceed, this would need to be investigated by Canvas Support. Would you please provide the case number for your interaction with support or initiate a case if you have not yet done so?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@akk 

Just a reminder that we're looking forward to the results of your interaction with Canvas Support. Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived