Sort student dropdown in gradebook upload by name instead of Canvas ID

0 Likes
(1)

When using the Gradebook Upload functionality, the dropdown for selecting students that Canvas could not identify is formatted as "[First Name] [Last Name]" and sorted by the Canvas ID of the student. This makes the dropdown nearly impossible to use effectively in a course with a moderate to high number of students. The Canvas ID is not displayed in the dropdown and, even if it was displayed, it does not make sense to sort by the internal ID number of a student.

I am requesting that the dropdown be altered in the following ways:

1. Sort the dropdown by last name.
  2. Display names in the "[Last], [First]" format.

Students sometimes have preferred or different first names.

3 Comments
lopaul
Community Explorer

I tried to submit this as a bug, but was told it needed to go through this feature request flow. I do think that this is a bug/small error that should be fixed and not something that needs to be voted/prioritized as a potential future feature.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.