Sync Blueprint courses multiple times

0 Likes
(3)

Allow multiple syncs for Blueprint courses that would sync additional assignments, quizzes, etc and put them in the correct order in associated courses.  At the present time, activities created go to the bottom of modules and not in the correct location.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

jennifer_hibber
Community Participant

Yes please! I do not understand why this is not a current function of blueprint syncs. Right now when I add a new document to a course blueprint, I have to then go into every associated course and reposition the document. Some of our blueprints have up to 20 associated courses, so this is very time consuming for something that should be happening automatically. 

wcushwa
Community Explorer

When synching via Blueprint, I don't understand why newly added items go to the bottom of the module instead of in the place I specified when I added the item to the module.  There is a thread that discusses the problem: 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Blueprint-synching-canvas-items-out-of-orde...

In response to my question about this issue, I received the following statement from Instructure tech support:

In the guide here, https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-sync-course-content-in-a-blueprint-cour... it has a note that states "Associated courses match the modules structure initially created in the blueprint course. Any additional modules and their content added to the blueprint course and synced to associated courses will always be added to the bottom of the Modules page in the associated courses." This is a limitation with the Blueprint syncing process. (I bolded the sentence)

As I am not a software programmer, I don't know what is involved in resolving this limitation. However, it would be really  nice to not have to resynch a couple of times so all the linked blueprint sections have the correct item order.  Nothing like telling students "I see the document in this position in the module (i.e. the master shell) and students telling you "It isn't there!" because it is at the bottom of the module in their shell. 🙂

Thanks very much!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.