The New Analytics Page - Recover the Navigation bar with arrows

0 Likes
(1)

Hi! I hope your day is going well.

I went into Canvas to check students' weekly progress and found out that we have a new "New Analytics" interface instead of the usual "Course Analytics" page. On our previous Course Analytics page, there was an arrow button near the top-right side of the page that would allow us to navigate to the next/previous student without leaving the page. This function is no longer available and I have to enter or look up students' names each time I want to open up his/her weekly progress.  I love the new interface, but I really depended a lot on this navigation button.

So I guess my suggestion is:

• Can you just recover that navigation bar to help us navigate through students in alphabetical order a lot more quickly?
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kholt12
Community Explorer

Sounds like an easy fix with no real down sides, and better for accessibility. 

bimbip
Community Participant
Problem statement:

In New Analytics, the view for individual students only allows you to return to the previous page with the "<-- Course Analytics" link at the top. In order to view another student, you have to return to that page, and select/search for the next student.

Proposed solution:

This request is to include a previous/last functionality, such as in the speedgrader, that would allow the instructor to move to the next student in the list without the additional click/scroll/search actions.

User role(s):

admin,instructor

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.