Toggle button for translation in New Quizzes

0 Likes
(1)

A toggle button should be made available to either prevent or allow translation in new quizzes. For World Language teachers we do not want to allow students to use the translation option while taking a language assessment.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @jessica_gutierr -

I found an Idea that is currently open for discussion, and I want to make sure it'll meet your needs before I merge your idea with it. Could you review the overview and comments in this Idea?: Add content creation setting (to quizzes, assignments, etc.) for disabling Google page translation 

If it works, great! If not, what can we clarify with your idea so Community members understand the differences between the two Ideas?

Thanks!

jessica_gutierr
Community Coach
Community Coach

@KristinL 

Good Morning,

I saw the other post but it seems it specific to chrome... We do not have chrome and don't use it so I know it not how they are accessing it. Teachers have reported that it is happening with all browsers. If we could reword the other one to be more general that would be great as it does seem similar. This is something that has prevented all my world languages teachers in middle and high from using  Canvas. I am ok with combining if we can clear up the language or modify my language.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @jessica_gutierr - Thanks for clarifying! This idea is now open for conversation.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.