Voice Recording for stories, test questions, and test answers

0 Likes

I am a kindergarten teacher and students are unable to read text. Providing a tool that would allow me to record myself reading directions, reading a book, test questions, and test answers would be amazing. Having the icon that kids could just click on and listen to would also teach them test taking strategies that are found in all national test such as MAPS and SBAC. Additionally, this tool would providing differentiated instruction and meet the needs of students who need modifications for their IEPs. This would benefit ALL students!! 

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @LOURDESPEARSON -

You definitely highlight amazing differentiation techniques and UDL strategies. I think Canvas has most of these available to you already! The Rich Content Editor allows you do add audio or video any place you can type. (You can also use media in SpeedGrader comments!) For an icon, I've seen teachers use a consistent button (.jpg or .png) or an emoji to help emerging readers that there is an actionable item!

How do I record media using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

How do I use Canvas Studio through the Rich Content Editor in Canvas? 

After reviewing the lessons, if you have any questions, let the Community know! I can always help connect you with other elementary teachers so you can share best practices. Also, I encourage you to check out the K-12 User Group!