color code outcomes for learning mastery gradebook organization

0 Likes

When viewing the learning mastery gradebook.  It would be so helpful to color code outcome groups or individual outcomes.  It is this long horizontal list which really no way to see what outcome belongs to which group.  Color coding would make scrolling horizontally through outcome more visually recognizable.  Also the ability to expand and collapse outcome groups in the learning mastery gradebook would be very helpful.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @missy_craven -

Thank you for sharing your Idea with the Instructure Community!

While color-coding is helpful for many users, there are some Canvas users who would not find the addition of color as added functionality. I'm looking forward to the development of this conversation, but I hope that universal accessibility is considered so the addition of color in Outcomes wouldn't negatively affect anyone's experience.

missy_craven
Community Member
Author

I need a way to see the outcomes in the learning mastery gradebook  as simple and organized as they are in the Outcomes page.  right now it is nearly impossible to see which outcome belongs to which Outcome group.  If not color then, expand and collapse outcome groups?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.