highest attempt shown 1st in speedgrader

0 Likes
(3)

In speedgrader, when students are allowed to take multiple quiz attempts, keeping the highest score, it would be very helpful if those were the first attempts shown in speedgrader.

Instead it is randomized in order, so I was adjusting/giving feedback on lower attempts and then needing to redo my adjustments, if I even noticed - some slip through and I've corrected a version of the quiz which doesn't matter

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ak113
Community Member

I need this to happen too! I am grading finals, and I mistakenly thought that Speedgrader was showing me the attempt with the highest score. There also used to be a button in Speedgrader that would allow you to easily toggle between attempts, and it isn't there any more. It's driving me crazy, because I have to click "See all quiz attempts" but that takes me to another page and out of Speedgrader. When I go back to Speedgrader, it will only show me the latest attempt even though I graded the first attempt and it has the highest score!

m_jump
Community Member

This is related but on the student side.  If you look in the top corner, you see their highest score, but the big result that they see most obviously is their latest attempt. This seems broken!

canvas-highest-score-stupidity.png

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.