image viewing

0 Likes
(4)

I would appreciate a image viewer like in OSX/windows within the Canvas environment.

the idea is that photography students often post multiple images in an assignment, which have now to be clicked individually. If we could get some sort of 'grid view/single view/zoomed view' interface that would make evaluation of images possible without downloading them.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ThorneAnderson
Community Member

I completely agree with this.   In many cases photos are meant to be seen IN THE CONTEXT of other photos, viewed simultaneously. 

cxlim
Community Explorer

Adding onto the idea...

I was looking for a way to view images, but bigger. Some images in the course I am building has certain details that can't really be seen zoomed out.

I found a workaround, but it doesn't appear to work in iOS.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructional-Designer/Lightbox-Effect/ba-p/274677

It would be great if it is possible to implement some kind of light-box/modal to some pictures.

Perhaps auto-adding a multi-image lightbox as suggested here?

Thank you

deborah_stanton
Community Member

I teach art history classes and could benefit from a light-box or a zoom feature for images.

J_Stallsworth
Community Explorer
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived