Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact Release Notes (2023-07-12)

Impact Release Notes (2023-07-12)

In this Impact release, new content for Student Reports, Campaigns, Studio Videos, and Mastery Connect Articles are available. Accessibility updates are implemented for Impact Dashboard Mobile, Impact Dashboard, Support Center, Messages, Login page, Settings, and Header and User Settings.

Impact helps institutions improve technology adoption and evaluate the impact of educational technology, while helping faculty and students seamlessly navigate new platforms. Learn more about Impact by Instructure.

New Content

Student Reports

Removed Monitors and Updated Categories

Monitors Removed:

• Twitter link: Authorize Twitter access page (web service no longer offered by Canvas)
  • Delicious login popup window: user name field (Web Service no longer offered by Canvas)
  • Dashboard page: to-do list (broken and not able to be replaced)

Updated Categories:

View course announcements category and View global announcements are available:

View course announcements category and View global announcementsView course announcements category and View global announcements

View group collaboration sub-category is available: 

View group collaboration sub-categoryView group collaboration sub-category

Upload files & Create folder sub-categories are added under course files categories:

Upload files & Create folder sub-categoriesUpload files & Create folder sub-categories

View submission details sub-category is added under the Assignment submissions category:

View submission details sub-categoryView submission details sub-category

Recent activity sub-category is moved under the Canvas set-up & Course management category:

Recent activity sub-category: Canvas Set-upRecent activity sub-category: Canvas Set-upRecent activity sub-category: Course ManagementRecent activity sub-category: Course Management

Modules sub-categories are restructured:

Modules sub-categoriesModules sub-categories

Note: If these categories are locally modified, Out of the Box updates are not visible in your instance.

Campaigns

End of Year Wrap Up

Template Preview End of Year Wrap Up (Instructors)
Blog End of Year Wrap Up 

Guide instructors through utilizing Canvas tools to wrap up courses through the End of Term campaign at the close of the academic year. The End of Term blog is also available with useful tips to offer instructors for the end of term or school year. 

Studio Videos

Video Updates

All video links within walkthroughs and messages are updated to the new Studio video links.

Note: To get the updated version, import the respective Campaigns again.

Mastery Connect Articles

Addition of New Mastery Connect Articles

The following new Mastery Connect articles are available:

• What kind of question type did my Canvas Quiz questions convert to in Mastery Connect?
  • How do I use the Students tab of a tracker?
  • How do I use the Assessments tab of a tracker?
  • How do I convert a Canvas Quiz into a Mastery Connect assessment?
  • What is the Assessment Editor?
  • How do I filter items from an item bank from within an assessment?
  • How do I edit a document-based assessment as a teacher?
  • How do I create a raw score assessment? 
  • How do I create a document-based assessment?
  • How do I clone an item from within an assessment?
  • How do I add sections to a benchmark item-based assessment?
  • How do I edit an item within an assessment in Mastery Connect?
  • How do I create an item from within an assessment in Mastery Connect?
  • How do I add a passage to an item within a Mastery Connect assessment?
  • How do I add a calculator, ruler, or protractor to an item within a Mastery Connect assessment?

Other Updates

Accessibility

Impact Dashboard Mobile

Throughout the Impact Dashboard Mobile Version, tabs are displayed at 320px and zoomed at 400%.

Impact Dashboard

Throughout the Impact Dashboard, the Screen Reader reads the disabled button tooltips in a logical order for Screen Reader users.

Throughout the Impact Dashboard, the Screen Reader identifies the item name when the delete button is selected in both the Assign to Users and Connect to Context sections. Additionally, the Screen Reader reads the warning regarding the removal of the element on the delete button.

Throughout the Impact Dashboard, Screen Reader users cannot reach or access the Monitor icons as they are marked as decorative.

Throughout the Impact Dashboard, Any Status and Any User Group filter drop-downs keep focus inside the drop-down, and the user will be informed when leaving the drop-down.

Throughout the Impact Dashboard, infinite scrolls for content are replaced with pagination, and the rows per page option display 6, 10, 20, 50, or 100 items per page.

Throughout the Impact Dashboard, the toggle switch state can be changed using the enter or space key.

Support Center

Tooltips on the Support Center page are displayed and read to Keyboard-only and Screen Reader users.

On the Support Center page, the Screen Reader focus starts on the first available option after opening the Move to modal, and the focus is kept in the modal. The user will be informed when leaving the modal.

On the Support Center page, both sorting and drag-and-drop options are hidden for Screen Reader users, with both options accessible through the kebab menu.

On the Support Center page within the Design tab, the Screen Reader focus goes to the previous element after deleting elements from the Email and Call forms. Additionally, the Fields element in the Email and Call section displays a tooltip with command options for Keyboard-only and Screen Reader users, and shortcuts allow for easy navigation between sections.

On the Support Center page, the Support Center Selector menu displays a tooltip for Keyboard-only and Screen Reader users and is read by the Screen Reader.

On the Support Center page, within the Routing and Availability tab, the Create Routing Option button displays above the routing options, and new routing options are added under the button. This allows Keyboard-only and Screen Reader users to access the new content in a natural order.

On the Support Center page, within the Custom User Groups tab, the Edit Conditions drop-down keeps focus, and the user will be informed when leaving the drop-down.

On the Messages page, the feedback section is labeled appropriately when editing a message.

Login Page

On the Impact Login page, the image is marked as decorative and not reachable by Screen Reader users. The Screen Reader labels the Email and Password fields appropriately and is read by the Screen Reader.

Settings

On the Settings page within the User Groups tab, changing the toggle switch in the Visibility column is read appropriately by the Screen Reader. After changing the state of the toggle, the user group is still displayed. When changing from Visible to Hidden and reloading the page, the group is not displayed if filtered by visible groups.

Header and User Settings

In the Impact Header and User Settings menu, labels are read by the Screen Reader and provide descriptive information.

Fixed Bugs

• Hint Messages display appropriately when the mouse hovers over the Rich Content Editor.
  • When importing a user list to a custom user group, the filtering by user's presence in the imported list is displayed after the list is imported.
  • The Monitor Category in Adoption Rate in Insights and Campaign Tool Adoption Reports displays appropriately, and matching results are displayed.
  • The Tool Adoption page displays the search capability appropriately in the User Group filter.
  • On the Account page, when inviting a new user, all Type options are accessible.
  • The Routing and Availability Reset and Save buttons display appropriately.
  • Templates on the Campaign Templates page display appropriately.
  • The Messages page displays the bulk actions menu appropriately.
  • On the Support Center page, article previews are displayed appropriately at the bottom of the page.
  • Tool Adoption report displays a large number of user groups appropriately. [Added 2023-07-13]

Change Log

2023-07-12

Published
Was this article helpful? Yes No