cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcronanflinn
Community Participant

Canvas in the Spanish Classroom

Hi everyone,

We are just launching Canvas to our colleagues at a small independent high school in San Francisco. I have some Spanish teachers who rely heavily on Vistas VHL online component to complement their work with the textbook. I have another teacher in that dept who uses Lingt Language instead for students' speaking/listening practice, to review student responses, submit feedback, share content, etc. The teacher also has the capability in Lingt to Build an assignment incorporating voice, video, images, and text using our online editor. I'm thinking much/all of this could be achieved in Canvas instead (#onestopshop)

Does anyone have a good example I can peruse in the Commons of using Canvas in robust ways in the Spanish classroom?

Thanks, in advance!
Jennifer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
travis_reyes
Community Member

I'm in the same boat trying to find resources with the Vista text.  

Our Spanish professors also use Vistas. It is a pain. Vistas and the Supersite have no Canvas integration. I invite you to join our requests for the publisher to develop an LTI integration with Canvas. Right now, trying to use Vistas is a mess. Our own professors seem to have given up and are looking at new Spanish products. 

bcrook
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

This conversation is rather old so I wanted to revive it.  Has anyone had any other experiences with Spanish resources in Canvas?  Any further luck with Vistas?  We just recently signed on with a new product called www.edunovela.com and our faculty are very excited about it.  I spoke with the company and they are excited about the idea of creating LMS integrations and taking a poll of LMS names within their customers.