Do you delete Senior accounts upon graduation?

Jump to solution
JGarton
Community Contributor

Do you delete the Canvas accounts of Seniors once they have graduated? I know some of the colleges that our students will attend use Canvas and I don't know if there will be any negative side effects to them having another Canvas account which they no longer use/need.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Janetta

1 Solution
kwoolley
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Except in some strange circumstances, this should not be an issue. Most likely, the two institutions will enroll them via CSV using school generated email addresses thus creating two different Canvas accounts in two separate instances. The strange circumstances would include 1) the student used the same email address for both K-12 and HE and/or 2) the student is manually added at the Higher Ed level and choses to merge the two accounts together (for this one, the probability of occurrence is low).

I do have quite a few schools who delete seniors after all the grades have been reported and any discrepancies settled so they don't have access to the courses for a variety of reasons. I'd be interested to hear what folks in this group do.

View solution in original post