Google Cloud External Apps and course sharing

Jump to solution
kkaeser
Community Explorer

Hey guys I an new to this community, but I think I am at the place where I can get some help. Our school is in its second year of using Canvas, and we are looking for ways to design courses that make sharing to the commons with each-other easy.

Many teachers that use Canvas use the google cloud assignment external tool and the google drive external tool. When those courses or modules are shared with other teachers those external tools are broken. Is there something wrong with our setup, or is that just the way it works? 

Should I just be teaching the teachers to include all of their files on the course and not use external tools. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kevin Kaeser

0 Likes
1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kkaeser , greetings! You might want to double-check this with Canvas Support or your CSM, but it doesn't surprise me that this breaks when sharing it with other teachers. My thought is that because you're breaking the link with the original Instructor and their Google Drive, that's what's breaking the assignment set-up. Yet, this is only a guess, and as I mentioned before, I'd double-check it with those higher up in Canvas.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Likes