Making a Pairs Game with... (you know who)!

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach

SSO troubles today so left with some time on my hands. Me and my buddy Chat GPT had a go at making a Pairs game. I really wanted to make a game that students could make in Canvas and then try out.

We got there in the end through a series of prompt changes and also SPEAKING QUITE STRONGLY TO MY BUDDY IN CAPITALS (does this work??) when we could not get the pairs to work.

Basically, we've made a text pairs game that you can make in Canvas on a Canvas page. It could work quite well as an alternative way to wrap up a lesson and check understanding or possibly in a revision lesson or a cover lesson!

Rather than go through all the stuff, I've made a silent video to show it in action:

Probably a few more things I could do here and not tested it out with lots of text. I could possibly design some sort of improved score that takes into account number of attempts, time taken and so on.

But its a nice quick and easy design that works. 

Here is a copy of our conversation - Matchup Tables Implementation (chatgpt.com)

I've attached the html as a PDF file below if anyone want to copy, develop and use..

Perhaps change the success colour to green rather than red?

2 Comments
OBradford
Community Member

Gideon,

Thank you for sharing! It looks really great!

GideonWilliams
Community Coach
Community Coach
Author

@OBradford 

I've now added a copy of the conversation I had as a link at the bottom and attached the html code in a PDF file so anyone can use it and develop it..

Hope this helps...