cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajuelmen
Community Participant

Standards- Based Grading

Jump to solution

I'm looking to connect with other schools who are using Canvas with standards based grading.  We used Learning Mastery this year with a few pilot teachers, but are having difficulty getting it to report out as we'd like.  I'd like to hear how you are setting up your proficiency scale, rubrics aligned to outcomes and assignments for optimal use by teachers yet understanding and easy access for parents and students.  Thanks!

34 Replies
xespejo
Community Participant

Thank you all for your willingness to help! We are starting school next week but with meetings and PD from 9am on. 

I could definitely meet Thursday August 27 at 8am CST if that works with you @tom_chambers and @ajuelmen and anyone else who would love to join!

Please let me know!

Xavier

xespejo
Community Participant

Looking at @tom_chambers' response below. I could definitely meet Thursday August 27 at 8am CST if that works with you @tom_chambers and @ajuelmen and anyone else who would love to join!

Please let me know!

Xavier

ajuelmen
Community Participant

Sounds great!  I'll send an invite to a Google Meet- please let me know what Google emails you'd like me to invite!

xespejo
Community Participant

My school email uses Google: xespejovadillo@lantinschool.org otherwise I have my personal email xespejo@gmail.com.

Thank you! 

ahamiltonwebb
Community Member

For me: andrew.aj.hamilton@gmail.com

tom_chambers
Community Participant

tom.chambers@brf.org

bbennett2
Community Champion

Thanks for organizing @xespejo. Send an invite to bbennett@elkhart.k12.in.us.

SethnaR
Community Member

Good evening, I just stumbled on this thread after looking for how teachers manage SBG in Canvas and Powerschool.  I missed the meeting but would love to get more info on what everyone is doing.  I help train teachers here as we just moved to Canvas this year (got it up and running in July).  There is a few of us that were on FFT for a few years so knew our way around.  But, I am at a loss on how to help our teachers that use SBG. My email is RSethna@d120.org  I can also email anyone that is willing to share.  Thanks in advance!

tom_chambers
Community Participant

@SethnaR, Here is a link to the meeting we had: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1StjCaWiVhJPpHKETyWLccnarA9OBthZk/view?ts=5f5a18c2. 

Brian and Amy provided their solutions to the reporting of SBG using Canvas. We have continued to discuss ideas and options for using the outcomes and rubics as well as "translating" the SBG to traditional letter grades, which is always a "sticky" process. 

There are a number of ways to approach this and a lot of the decision process comes down to what your roll-out process is for your particular district/community. All the best!

Our school had three weeks to prepare for Standards Based Grading...we have been working real hard! I am definitely interested in how you are using Canvas for this.