Students commenting on other student submissions

Jump to solution
mjdeister
Community Member

How do I edit an assignment so that students can comment on other students' submissions?

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mjdeister ​, I saw that you posted this question over on this guide as well - What are the different Assignment types available to instructors in Canvas courses? - and that the Canvas Document Team provided some suggestions.

Similar to what they posted, in general assignments aren't designed to allow other students to see and comment on them. Yet, this can be accomplished through the peer review option - How do I create a peer review Assignment?.

In the future, you might want to consider using a Discussion for this - How do I create a Discussion as an instructor? - this way students could all see what other students posted and reply to their post with their comments and feedback. You can even set it up so students can't see what other students posted until they post their assignment.

A third option that I use more for group work and collaboration, but that could be used to have students comment on other students submissions are Collaborations - How do I create a Google Docs Collaboration?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post