We worked hard to provide relevant and tiered professional learning offerings for our users this past summer. While these sessions were delivered in F2F environments (that allowed for participation by enrolled learners in discussions, quizzes, etc.), I've created stand-alone, public-facing versions of each so that any user who was unable to attend can at least access the sessions' resources.
Please feel free to make use of these courses, as desired!
Formative Feedback Tools- this course goes beyond merely introducing Canvas' awesome communication tools, as it emphasizes the reasons why quality feedback is essential to student growth and learning.Access Formative Feedback via Canvas.
Canvas, Blended Learning, and T-TESS- explore the connections between these topics and gain access to an incredibly valuable tool for any teacher using Canvas to provide blended learning opportunities in their classrooms.Access the T-TESS course.
Canvas 101 for Admins- a brand new course designed to ensure campus instructional leaders know about blended learning, how to monitor Canvas usage, and to reward innovative teachers via Texas' T-TESS appraisal framework.Access Canvas 101 for Admins.
Check out Twitter for some action shots of our awesome professional learners in action!
- Responsible for the visioning, implementation, and support of innovative digital (blended and fully-online)
learning initiatives for students and staff.
- Current Canvas LMS administrator for Arlington ISD.
- Former social studies curriculum & instructional specialist.
- Former JH social studies teacher.
- Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction
- BA in History / BA in Political Science