IDENTIFY | CURRENT STATE + FUTURE STATE
How do Mastery View Predictive Assessments (MVPA) help us achieve our Future State?
- Current State: start by identifying where we are now
- Future State: determine where we want to be
- MVPA: provides a framework for progress monitoring using highly correlated assessments to help predict student outcomes on objectives and standards
- Allows us to utilize Mastery Connect to help deliver frequent formative assessments that can be more targeted
- Allows the district to see specific types of texts, questions, problem sets that students may need additional support in
IDENTIFY & DETERMINE | GOAL SETTING
Having specific goals and outcomes that are measurable and timely help orient resources and supports, possible goals could include:
100% of Teachers/Staff
Provide Coaches, Leaders, Staff with Mastery Connect Teaching & Learning Checklist to as a tool to promote adoption, training and self-evaluation
Predictive Assessment Window (45-55 Days)
95 % of Teachers successfully deliver the Predictive Assessment with minimal issues related to training and use of the platform
As a district we can
PLAN | COMMUNICATION
“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” - George Bernard Shaw
Having a formalized, intentional, communication plan will help raise awareness and cultivate the desire for change. Several benefits from being intentional about this process are:
- Spreading awareness of the vision and WHY change is occurring
- Targeting key stakeholders and audiences with key information and processes
- Visibility of the change process: timeline, training, supports
- How this change will positively impact stakeholders
Key Mastery View Predictive Assessment Messaging
- are highly correlated to state assessments
- are designed to accurately measure proficiency and are tightly correlated to the state assessment blueprint
- generally three times a year in the fall, winter and spring, with the spring being a final comprehensive assessment
- allow you to forecast outcomes on the state assessment with high reliability
- provide rigor through text complexity, DOK balance and focus on standard proficiency
- allow you to progress monitor using Mastery Connect formative assessments and the Mastery View Predictive Assessments to see if students are on track to mastery
EXECUTE | ACTION ITEMS
Most leaders would agree that they’d be better off having an average strategy with superb execution than a superb strategy with poor execution.” - Stephen Covey
To make sure you have a solid start to the year with Mastery View Predictive Assessments there are a few key points to make sure you and your staff have completed:
What account actions need to be taken?
- Ensure teachers have their profiles activated or updated in Mastery Connect
- Ensure all district-created Curriculum Maps are shared with teachers
- Enable any Item Banks you wish teachers to utilize
What Professional Development needs to be scheduled?
- Schedule the appropriate PD sessions leading up to the delivery of your 1st benchmarks as needed
- Schedule your Data Review Sessions, ideally for a time right after your data is in the Mastery Connect
What key messages need to be communicated?
- Communicate early and often to teachers and staff the:
- testing windows
- Benchmark Delivery processes
- The WHAT & WHY
ASSESS | PROGRESS + MANAGEMENT
“Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
The new Benchmark Management Experience makes monitoring the delivery and troubleshooting any issues with delivery even easier than before.
The new tracker experience also gives the teachers even more insight into the status of the benchmark so that they know when testing windows are and will close.
To ensure success, it is important to know:
- How to check the progress of an MVPA Benchmark in your district
- How to Manage MVPA Benchmark Settings
- Add or remove any trackers that are needed to the MVPA Benchmark
- Reopen a benchmark for students
- When to contact email@example.com for issues
Having a clear and concise communication protocol around the MVPA will ensure teachers understand the purpose and power of MVPA and its use with Mastery Connect. Ensuring that several key processes are in place and completed prior to testing will help the delivery and management of MVPA Benchmarks be a smooth and easy process. Finally, knowing how to progress monitor benchmark delivery and assist teachers and staff where issues may arise is a vital part of a successful MVPA delivery.
Our Mastery Services team provides expert professional development, strategic consulting, and alternative options designed to support the vision, goals, and adoption of Mastery products. If you would like to learn more about our services check out our Professional Development Options and contact your CSM for more information!
Don't forget to watch the Video Blog about this post and we'd love to hear from you, please comment below!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.