MVPA | BENEFITS & DESIGN
MASTERY VIEW PREDICTIVE ASSESSMENT BENEFITS
- Formerly CASE Benchmark Assessments
- Coherent, comprehensive, and continuous
- 60% higher and 40% lower-level thinking skills
- Provide highly reliable predictions about the degree to which students are on target to meet mastery of state standards
- Help to maximize instruction and inform decision-making around curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning
MASTERY VIEW PREDICTIVE ASSESSMENT DESIGN
- Designed around the State Assessment blueprint by subject-matter experts with significant experience in assessment design
- Every item goes through a multi-level review process before being utilized on an assessment
- Highly correlated to state assessments, which allows you to forecast outcomes on the State Assessment with high reliability
MVPA | DISTRICT, CLASS, & SCHOOL REPORTS
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE
- Number of items found on the assessment
- District, school, class, or student averages
- Average Percent Correct, Projected Percent Proficient (District) / Projected Achievement Level (Class), Suggested Marks
- Depth of Knowledge (DOK) results
- Standards / strand results
PRO TIP: Remember the difference between Average Percent Correct and Projected Percent Proficient. One tells you the average score and the other lets you know the percentage of students projected to score proficient on your state assessment at that moment in time, without additional interventions!
MVPA | ITEM ANALYSIS REPORTS
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE
- Standard / strand per question
- DOK per question
- District, schools, or class percent correct per question
- Student correct / incorrect answer per question (class item analysis report)
|PRO TIP: Leveraging your item analysis reports allows you as a district leader, school leader, or instructor to dig deeper into the data and customize whole-class, small-group, or individual interventions for specific students!|
Mastery View Predictive Assessments, formerly known as CASE Benchmark Assessments, provide you with district, school, and classroom data enabling you to make highly accurate predictions regarding student progress towards mastery on your state’s assessments. Understanding the design, structure, and function of MVPA reports help you to best leverage the data to support your students!
Please comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Our Mastery Services team provides expert professional development, strategic consulting, and alternative options designed to support the vision, goals, and adoption of Mastery products. If you would like to learn more about our services check out our Professional Development Options and contact your CSM for more information!
Also, don't forget to watch the Blog Video about this post as well!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.