DrELB
Community Member

Quiz Bank Migration

Question banks already established are compatible with the Classic Quizzes format, but to get them compatible with the New Quizzes format, you have to go through a series of steps, and eventually create a new item bank and add each question one at a time.  Please tell me that this will be amended.

Creating a classic quiz and adding the banked questions, then migrate that quiz to new...that's fine.  But when it's time to make a new bank for these questions is a bit tedious, and we have faculty members with large question banks that do not have the patience of putting in questions one at a time.  

It would be great to see a box to "select all" and an add to bank button.  This would save a lot of time.

2 Replies
leward
Community Contributor

Here's a feature request along these lines that you can vote for:  New Quiz Tool: Bulk Add Questions to an Item Bank

This should be a standard option. This is like a car designer asking customers to vote for the option to put brakes on the car.

I keep putting off going to New Quizzes in the hope that common sense would prevail. It has been a while since I checked in on this topic, but ...

Canvas still sticks with the notion that if users can do a tedious task once, they can do it over and over again.