export batch quizzes (even though the box for All Quizzes exists).

jsimon3
Community Participant

So this is actually a question that was posed to me and I have zero idea so I am coming to you all humbled and thankful for any info I receive:

--I have a question and I am hoping if you had any recourses to importing quizzes.

Currently textbooks offer resources, and we download test banks zip files and then import them as QTI files. The imported QTI zip file into Canvas becomes a Classic Quizzes. Then to create the type of file so we can use for Item Banks, we must export the Classic Quiz. Once the export is created, we click Item Bank on the Global Navigation and import the test bank. Lastly, we migrate the Classic Quiz into a New Quiz. Then the Item Bank exists to create new quizzes in a master shell.

The reason I am asking is because normally the process is for a few chapters. However, we have a new textbook that has 53 chapters, and each chapter has 3 parts. Canvas does not have an export batch quizzes (even though the box for All Quizzes exists). In turn, import item bank also must be done individually, so I am reaching, and I thought you might have someone or something that could aid us.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes