cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Multiple Hot Spots

Jump to solution

Is there any talk of allowing multiple hot spots for the hot spot question type? For example, if I asked a student to select the mitochondria on a cell diagram for a question, that diagram might have multiple mitochondria on it. I wouldn't want the student to be wrong just because they didn't pick the same part of the image that I did. It seems very limited the way it is.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi arnold.cassie@blvs.org‌,

This feature has been discussed and is under consideration for future development.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi arnold.cassie@blvs.org‌,

This feature has been discussed and is under consideration for future development.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi arnold.cassie@blvs.org.  I am going through older Quizzes.Next questions that have not been marked as answered to see if updates are appropriate.  Multiple hot spots in a single question could have some great uses!  It looks like Kevin replied to your question, but that there hasn't been additional posts in the thread since December.  Based on his reply, I am going to mark this post as "correct".  This doesn't prevent additional discussion on this thread if appropriate.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am quite disappointed that it has been over a year and a half since someone brought up a need to canvas and nothing has been done about it. As a language arts teacher I often need multiple words or pieces of multiple sentences throughout the paragraph included in the hot spot to make it specific. Without the ability to select multiple hot spots, my hot spot would include the entire text. Why has this not been created yet? Our students have this option on their end of level tests so I know it is possible to do. 

Highlighted

Seems like something that should've existed when this was made available. One hotspot is great, but FAR from ideal.

Highlighted

This multiple hot spot feature is a MUST for science education where we are often asking students to find parts of a diagram, model, or graph and there may be more than one answer.  Please update to have multiple hot spots.