Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Khan Academy’s Khanmigo Teacher Tools for U.S. Educators

Khan Academy’s Khanmigo Teacher Tools for U.S. Educators

BrianCarter2_0-1727707746328.png

Company Website:
Khan Academy

Blog Post: Khanmigo Teacher Tools on Canvas:  AI-Teaching Assistant Khanmigo Now Available in Canvas

AI Nutrition Facts: 

Khanmigo's AI Nutrition Facts 

Headquarters_Location:
1200 Villa Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Khanmigo_Logo_Color(purple).png

twitter.png  facebook.png  linkedin.png youtube.jpg

Khanmigo for Educators Course and Certification:

Khanmigo for Educators

AI for Education Course: 

AI for Education

Khanmigo for Districts:
Khan Academy Districts

Introduction:

Khanmigo by Khan Academy: Trusted AI to streamline prep and give you more energy for teaching, now free and available in Canvas for U.S. educators. 

Khan Academy’s AI-powered teaching tool, Khanmigo, is meeting you where you are already working—right inside Canvas! 

U.S. Canvas educators now have access to Khanmigo Teacher Tools for free as part of their Canvas subscription. Khanmigo is your planning ally and instructional collaborator that makes prep time faster AND better. No need to disrupt your routine—use Khanmigo right inside Canvas. 

Built for teachers by teachers, Khanmigo simplifies AI. Without writing one prompt you can co-create lesson plans, rubrics, exit tickets and more.

“I’ve tried a LOT of AI tools for teachers, and this is by far my favorite! The tools are easy to use even if you’re not super tech-savvy.”

— Fourth-grade teacher in Texas

“I can’t imagine teaching without Khanmigo. How did teachers in the past ever function without it?

— High school teacher in Oklahoma

Khanmigo Teacher Tools in CanvasKhanmigo Teacher Tools in Canvas

What can U.S. K12 educators do with Khanmigo in Canvas?

Spend less time on prep and more time with your students by using more than 20 teaching activities powered by Khanmigo. Easily create rubrics, exit tickets, lesson plans, multiple choice quizzes, and more! Teachers around the country share their favorite Khanmigo teacher tools. Here are some of the most loved activities: 

• Enhance your lesson plans  

“I told Khanmigo that my students love Taylor Swift. It developed a task for students to create a concert setlist where the duration of each song is given in fractions of an hour. They had to add and subtract the fractions to ensure that the total concert time met a specific limit!”  

— Instructional technology coordinator

• Simplify parent communication with newsletters 

“I use Khanmigo to write notes to my parents. I used to waste so much time trying to make my tone and point come across as supportive and helpful.” 

— Third-grade teacher

• Make grading meaningful with AI-powered rubrics

“Khanmigo’s rubric creation tool allowed me to incorporate our actual unit plans and objectives to construct a rubric from scratch. A task that would normally take me about an hour was now completed in no more than 15 minutes.”

— High school English teacher in Indiana

Example of a Rubric GeneratorExample of a Rubric Generator

What can U.S. Higher Education instructors do with Khanmigo in Canvas?

Khanmigo includes 20+ AI-powered tools that accelerate common tasks like:

• Letters of Recommendation: Quickly generate personalized letters of recommendation to support your students’ goals.

• Discussion Prompts: Craft engaging prompts to stimulate meaningful discussions, on or off Canvas.

• Rubric Generator: Design clear, detailed grading rubrics to set expectations and simplify scoring. 

• Make it Relevant: Link lesson content to students’ lives and interests to boost engagement. 

• Exit Ticket: Create quick end-of-class activities to check for student understanding.

Letter of Recommendation ToolLetter of Recommendation Tool

Three more things you’re going to love about Khanmigo:

1. Khanmigo is editable: Use Khanmigo to draft a fully detailed lesson plan that’s completely editable. Easily make changes to fit your specific needs by editing the text in seconds.

2. Ask Khanmigo: Don’t love what Khanmigo generates? Select some text and use the “Ask Khanmigo” feature to add more details or try something different! 

3. Export your content: Once you love what you’ve created, export the content as a Word Document or PDF, or save it to your Google Drive or One Drive directly from Khanmigo (or print a physical copy). 

Export options from KhanmigoExport options from Khanmigo

“I feel so much better about using AI”

The free Khanmigo for Educators course will give you the confidence to use these AI tools in your classroom. Take our essential PD course and get Khanmigo certified. 

BrianCarter2_3-1727708105708.png

Additional Professional Learning Resources

See Khanmigo in action and help your educators learn how to bring Khanmigo into their teaching practice: 

BrianCarter2_4-1727708151143.png

Accessibility

Below is some accessibility information about Khanmigo:

• The main Khanmigo Teacher Tools page can be navigated using only a keyboard

• The experience supports zoom up to 200%

• Color contrast ratios are compliant throughout the entire experience 

Outside of the Khanmigo Teacher Tools, Khan Academy we are working to build a holistic accessibility program. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are a globally recognized set of accessibility principles and criteria designed to improve the accessibility of digital experiences for people with disabilities. Khan Academy is targeting WCAG 2.2 Level AA as the standard for conformance. Every member of the Khan Academy team shares in the responsibility to foster accessibility, and we are actively extending our efforts beyond conformance to deliver an accessible experience.

• Our cross-functional Accessibility Guild drives and champions accessibility efforts throughout the organization

• We provide general awareness and targeted training opportunities for specific roles that have an outsize impact on ensuring accessible outcomes, such as design and engineering

Find out more about the steps Khan Academy is taking to ensure accessibility to all here.

Security

HECVAT Lite

Available upon submission of this request form (click here)

Data encryption

At rest and in transit

Countries of data storage

United States

Data storage method

Google Cloud

Data retention policy

In place and validated via audit

Incident management program, policy, and testing

Disaster recovery and business continuity plan and testing

Security Standard Certificates

Annual SOC2 audit

Third party testing and security controls practices

Annual third party penetration testing

Khan Academy Help Center section: Khanmigo Safety and Security Information 

Privacy and AI Nutrition Facts

Khanmigo's AI Nutrition Facts 

Privacy policy link

Privacy Policy  

COPPA policy link

Children's Privacy Notice 

Privacy department/officer contact: 

privacy@khanacademy.org

Types of data collected

Name and Email, usage data

Personally identifiable or personal data collected

Name and Email

Data Deletion Request Process

privacy@khanacademy.org

Third Party Data Sharing & Opt-out

Cookies or Tracking Technologies used

Cookie Notice 

Analytics performed on Customer Data

Yes

Data correlation practices

Privacy Certifications or Seals

Targeted Advertising using user data

None

Privacy or data protection impact assessments

Privacy Law Compliance

Post on Khan Academy’s privacy principles

Integration Instructions

The Khanmigo Teacher Tools can be easily installed via an administrator, for any U.S. Canvas customer, using the dynamic registration method. The instructions are listed here:

For administrators: How to install the Khanmigo Teacher Tools on your Canvas instance

Shortcut! Already familiar with app installation and just want the quick info? Here ya go! 

1. Please note: the Khanmigo Teacher Tools can only be installed on the Beta or Production Environments at this time
    - If you or your teachers would like to play around with the Khanmigo teacher tools outside of Canvas, you can sign up for free on https://www.khanmigo.ai/teachers 
  2. The LTI Registration URL: https://www.khanacademy.org/canvas/install-khanmigo-teacher-tools?embedded=1 
  3. All settings are optional and can be de-selected
  4. Then Copy the Client ID and add it on the App installation page for your Canvas instance or specific sub-accounts of your instance  
  5. *khanacademy.org and khanacademy.zendesk.com need to be added to your organization’s Firewall and Adblocker allowlists
  6. Teachers will then need to unhide Khanmigo Teacher tools on their Canvas course navigation settings

For Teachers: How do I use the Khanmigo Teacher Tools in my Canvas account? 

Attachments
Comments

Oh the irony! 

"Find out more about the steps Khan Academy is taking to ensure accessibility to all here."

Version history
Last update:
Wednesday
Updated by:
Collective Credentials