cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up a Practice LTI integration in my Canvas environment?

How do I set up a Practice LTI integration in my Canvas environment?

Practice can be integrated into your Canvas environment using LTI. You can integrate Practice at the content module level and create individual integrations. Before you go through the steps to add Practice as an external tool, make sure you reach out to your Practice Client Success Manager to obtain your key and secret. You need these to complete the steps below.

Notes: 

• Your browser must accept third-party cookies for LTI to work. You can usually change this setting in your browser's security options.
  • Users that access Practice through an LTI integration will not receive email notifications from Practice.

Creating your Practice App with a Manual Configuration

1. Log into your Canvas course and select Settings in the left sidebar menu. In the Settings window, select the Apps tab.
  2. Select the "View App Configurations" button
  3. Select "+App"

To set up the Practice app, use the following information:

• Configuration Type: Manual Entry
  • Name: Practice
  • Consumer Key: Specific to your Org
  • Consumer Secret: Specific to your Org
  • Launch Url: "https://app.practice.xyz/lti/launch"
  • Privacy: Public

It is very important that the Privacy setting is designated as Public, or the LTI integration will not work.

Once the above information is added and the Practice app is created, you are now ready to add the Practice app as an external tool to your Canvas Module.

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-04-2020 04:31 PM
Updated by: