cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

As an Admin, how do I assign a user to a teacher role so they can create courses?

Hello,

I am an admin trying to set up my teachers in Canvas,. I have added all of them to my system by email, but it thinks they are students and will not allow them to create classes. I made cure to check off that teachers can create courses in the settings menu, but how do I assign a user the role of a teacher? I do not see it anywhere. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @CPerich ...

If you are creating users manually one at a time, then as a Canvas administrator, you should create these folks as users first and then enroll them in courses with the "Teacher" role.

But you can also use the SIS Imports screen to create to do things like create course shells, course sections, and enroll multiple users all at one time into courses.  Here are a bunch of Guides for you to look through:

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't think this answers my question.

I don't want to add users to a course, I want to allow users to create their courses. When I click on the "Admin -> People" tab and select "Teachers", no one is listed. How do I give someone the role of a teacher so they can create their own courses?

0 Kudos