Assigning specific articles from Scholastic Magazine Subscription

Jump to solution
eblackford1
Community Member

I have added Scholastic Action Magazine to my Canvas apps because I have a paid subscription. When you are not using a system like Canvas, Scholastic provides you with a class password that students can use to log in, and you can assign students specific articles by giving them the URL, then they use the password to log in.  With Canvas, when I add it as an external tool, all it does is link students to the entire magazine website, and then I would have to provide students with instructions on how to go searching for the correct article.  Because I've integrated with Canvas, I no longer have the option of a class password to send students links.  Please tell me there is a way to make this more streamlined in Canvas!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi - It sounds like you have a pretty great understanding of the process! I think it'll be a great opportunity for your students. Based on the help article I found, it looks like Scholastic Magazine are best shared with students through Modules.

https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/lms/canvas.html

While I don't know much about the Scholastic LTI, I can do my best to help you. Please reply if you have other questions. 🙂

View solution in original post