Error message saying user content limit exceeded

Jump to solution
Tobytheterrier
Community Member

When I try to attach photos, I get a message saying user content exceeded after posting just one photo. 
The same happens when I try to upload to my “Files”.

can anyone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Tobytheterrier 

The default quotas for users are set at 50 MB. A local Canvas administrator can change that, but users are created at the root account, so you cannot give users in one college or department a higher quota than another. Canvas is designed for the majority of users and it may be necessary for some institutions to make changes.

Using conversations to share content is not in line with Canvas thoughts on how things should work. They want work to be attached to an assignment so that it can be tracked and be organized rather than being a free-floating object. If you want other people to be able to see the work, then perhaps the instructor should set up discussions and allow attachments. If you attach an image to a discussion, then it does not count against your quota. This is different from embedding a file in a discussion, which counts against the quota (it seems Canvas changed something recently with quotas, but I cannot remember what it was right now.)]

View solution in original post