Error "The account External Tool for module item must be configured before the item can be launched"

AnaHannan
Community Member

I created a Thin CC for canvas which has assignments and external links both. I followed the canvas structure by exporting a course with assignments and external tool n module. The items in module_meta has a node "global_identifierref" which I am not sure what is its significance, as it is same for all items with content type "ContextExternalTool". I believe it refers to the external tool in canvas. If I import my Thin CC without global_identifierref for items of type ContextExternalTool, I get error "The account External Tool for module item must be configured before the item can be launched" but my tool is already configured in canvas. Once i include this node "global_identifierref", it no longer gives me an error. The problem is how can I know what should be the value of this node as same Thin CC can be used for various canvas instances.How can I ignore/remove this warning and same time not use this node.

0 Likes