Honorlock question

Jump to solution
mshanholtzer
Community Member

I have one student who wants to take the Midterm exam in a course using Honorlock.  By enabling Honorlock on that Midterm, will all students see that and be prompted with anything that they should know about? The others will be taking the exam in a testing center at a VCCS college.

Thanks!

2 Solutions
blewis3
Community Member

I contacted Honorlock support today because we have a similar situation. We have one class with some students who will be taking their online test with Honorlock, and a few of the students taking the online test in the testing center. I was told, by the Honorlock's support agent, that the best route would be to setup two exams in Canvas. One with Honorlock enabled, and one without. 

We had another situation where one student was going to be taking the exam ahead of schedule. We assigned that one student different availability dates, and the instructor enabled Honorlock. After the student had completed the exam, the instructor disabled Honorlock so that the rest of the class could take the exam during class with the instructor. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

After more conversation with our Honorlock CSM, we were informed that it's not necessary to setup two exams when some students will be testing in the testing center rather than with Honorlock. Each institution has a Universal Bypass Pin that can be used to bypass Honorlock. Or, instructors can contact Honorlock Support to have a bypass pin setup at an exam level. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes