cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Levin
Surveyor

How do I wrap text around an embedded image?

How do I get text next to an embedded image rather than just above and below?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @J_Levin ...

I actually just responded to a similar question a few minutes ago, so I'll direct your attention over to that topic: Wrap Text around a Picture? - Canvas Community.  Do you think my response in that thread will meet your needs?

J_Levin
Surveyor

Yes, thank you! Your answer over there sort of worked for me. It worked when I clicked align right, but not align left. Weird.

J_Levin
Surveyor

I do have another question, though. How do I get the caption under the picture, and is there a way to adjust the spacing so that the text isn't right up against the image? 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @J_Levin ...

You could try HTML code similar to this: HTML figcaption Tag.  However, in my own testing, I wasn't able to get the caption to also right-align with the image.  Not sure if it is possible to right align "figcaption" or not.

As for adding some space next to the image so that text isn't right up against it... my work-around is to open up a graphics editor on my computer, add some white space around the image, save the image, and then upload it to Canvas.  That way, I don't have to mess with any HTML code to control the spacing between the image and the text.

I hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have other questions.

Nice compilation here! Thank you for sharing.

upsers