How do you unenroll from a course as a student? 

Jump to solution
katharine-cummi
Community Novice

I dropped a course a couple weeks ago, and I was a part of 2 separate courses for this course because I had a discussion section. I dropped the course, and the discussion section course was removed from canvas, but it did not automatically remove the main lecture course from my enrollments. Is there any way to do this on my own, or do I need to contact the instructor to remove me from it?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening,  @katharine-cummi  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I would recommend that you reach out to your local Canvas administrators to help you get unenrolled from the course(s) you no longer need access to.  I was searching around your school's website, and I found the following resource which may be of help to you: ICON | Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology (it looks like the U of Iowa calls Canvas "ICON"...is that correct?)  There is some contact information at the bottom of that page.

I hope this will be of help to you, Katharine.  Please sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post