cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Izabela
Surveyor

How to create a signup sheet for a topic?

I want to create a signup sheet where the students pick their term paper topic.  I have a list of about 25 topics to choose from and I want only 1 student to signup for each topic.  Is there a way to do this in Canvas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
djackson
Instructure
Instructure

Hello, izabelajedruchniewicz‌,

Thank you for submitting your question! I have two suggestions/options to create a sign-up sheet in Canvas:

You could create a Discussion post listing the 25 term paper topics and have each student comment with their choice of paper topic. This would be a good option because you would have time stamps that would show who chose a topic first in case you have multiple students choosing the same topic. Here is a guide that will help you in creating a discussion post: How do I create a discussion as an instructor?

Another option would be to create a Google Docs collaboration, where you would create a Google Doc with the 25 topics and have each student type in their name next to the topic of their choice. Here is a guide that will help you set up a Google Docs collaboration in Canvas: How do I create a Google Docs collaboration as an instructor?

Hope this helps!

Best,

Danielle