cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Images not displayed in Canvas App

I recently bought an iPad which has iOS 14 and the pictures are not being displayed on the Canvas app. However my Galaxy tab is able to display the same images. Can someone please advise on the issue. Screenshot attached, thanks!

985A151E-5B50-4B9C-BD77-084C8CC672B3.jpeg

6 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am noticing the same thing on several student iPads.  The links for images are not appearing no matter what I try.  Our workaround is just going to Safari and logging into Canvas from there and not using the app. There have been several problems with the app besides this one.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm having the same issue. I just sent a ticket with Canvas support. I've embedded images through the RCE correctly, have an updated iOS and app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Samanta and others on this thread. 

Canvas Student Version 6.9.4 was released recently and had the following update: 

- Added an option to Settings to allow cross-website tracking to temporarily fix images not loading in rich content

You can access this setting through iOS Setting > Student.

Do you know if this solves this issue? 

Highlighted
Surveyor

@rseilham 

I saw that update note as well, but can't find that setting.  Have you found that setting?  are you saying it should be under the Canvas Student app settings inside of the Settings app on the ipad?  thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@timresler

You can find it by doing the following: 

• Open iOS settings (gear icon)
  • Scroll down until you see Student for the Canvas Student app (you might have to scroll down a while). Tap Student
  • You should see the setting on this screen.

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 9.04.20 PM.jpeg

Let me know if this helps. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

this answer right . can you check.

You can find it by doing the following: 

• Open iOS settings (gear icon)
  • Scroll down until you see Student for the Canvas Student app (you might have to scroll down a while). Tap Student
  • You should see the setting on this screen.

Rajawaliqq

0 Kudos