Open answer key after student submits assignment online

Jump to solution
ajevremovic
Community Member

My students are submitting assignments online whether it's a screenshot showing they finished in another program or a pdf of a worksheet.  I would like each student to then be able to see an answer key so they can check their own work.  How do  I do this?  I've seen ways to do it as a whole class but students are working at their own pace.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

Greetings! How you do this depends on how you have your course modules set up. If this assignment and the answer key were the only things in the module, then you could add a 'requirement' for this assignment to be submitted and then check the box to require students to move through the content in order. That would make it so students would need to submit to the assignment before they would be able to access the study guide. 

If the assignment isn't the only thing in the module and you don't want students to have to go through the module in order, then you would still make the assignment 'required' to submit, but then you'd put the study guide in a separate module and apply a pre-requisite that the previous module (with the required assignment) had to be done before students could access the answer key module. 

Here is the guide that explains how to set up module requirements --  How do I add requirements to a module? - Canvas Community

And here is the guide that explains how to set up module pre-requisites -  How do I add prerequisites to a module? - Canvas Community

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post