cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TyJamesYoung
Surveyor

To-Do List

Jump to solution

Recent updates have forced a permanent notification of To-do list items in the upcoming week or so that shows up as a number over the app icon. Please make this a choice to turn off. It is extremely unnerving and serves no validity to what I need to do. Do what you will with the internal operations of the app, but I should be in charge of the viewing of my own phone’s home page. It only gives me anxiety and a feeling I need to keep checking it. I think student and instructor alike would agree this severs no purpose. I have to check 3 platforms anyway to find what I must accomplish, and the current notifications are whatever is landing on the To-do-list page, ranging from; Zoom meeting times to work already completed that the instructor did not or was not able to create a submission recognized by the To-do-list. This means I will never be able to make that number go to 0 even if I completed the entire semester’s work tomorrow.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@TyJamesYoung and @r7bear 

This is a known bug, and the Canvas Mobile Team has already created a fix. Look for the update shortly. Then, once the update is available, you'll see your badge count display the "number of items to review" rather than the "number of activities that have items to review".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
r7bear
Surveyor

This is bugging the daylights out of me too. 

screen.jpg

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@TyJamesYoung and @r7bear 

This is a known bug, and the Canvas Mobile Team has already created a fix. Look for the update shortly. Then, once the update is available, you'll see your badge count display the "number of items to review" rather than the "number of activities that have items to review".

View solution in original post

MelissaMorrow
Surveyor

I came here to see if I could get some help with this. So annoying! My local tech support just kept telling me to turn it off in the device settings, which iPad doesn’t have a device setting for Canvas. SIGH. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@TyJamesYoung and @r7bear,

Canvas Teacher 1.12.1 was just released with a possible fix for this issue. Can you try out this update and see if it fixes this issue? 

Did not fix it.